This policy applies to all visitors to our website and customers who have ordered the goods or services we provide. It also applies to users of our web browser application or mobile application (apps) including you and your guest users.
2. Purpose of this policy
We respect your privacy and take the protection of personal information very seriously. The purpose of this policy is to describe the way we collect, store, use, and protect information that can be associated with a specific natural or juristic person and can be used to identify that person (personal information).
This policy describes the way we handle your personal information. We respect your privacy and will do our best to protect any of your personal information that you give us.
3. Personal information
Personal information includes:
• certain information collected on registration (see below);
• personal information in video footage that your cameras record, and
• optional information that you provide to us voluntarily (see below);
• information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person;
• permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically; and
• non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us and information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum including any blog, chat room, community, classifieds or discussion board. Because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute personal information subject to protection under this policy.
Personal information includes information we collect (i) on submission when you place an order; and (ii) when you visit this website or use our apps.
4. Acceptance of terms
4.1. Acceptance required
You must accept all the terms of this policy when you order any of our goods or services, use our web browser application (webapp) or download and user our mobile app. If you do not agree with anything in this policy, then you may not order any of our goods or order, register for, or use any of our services.
You may not order any of our goods or use our applications if you do not accept this policy.
4.2. Legal capacity
You may not access our website and apps, or order our goods or services if you are younger than 18 years old or do not have legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts.
4.3. Deemed acceptance
By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all its terms.
We may change the terms of this policy at any time. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website or by email detailing the changes we have made and indicating the date they were last updated. If you do not agree with the change you must stop using the website, our apps and our goods or services. If you continue to use any of them following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted such terms.
We collect certain information: on registration, when you purchase the system, create a user account and register on our website, or register your device on our website; when you make use of our services, necessary to provide the service to you; from your web browser; from cookies we may send to your computer and from web beacons on our website to track how you use our website and to try and give you a personalised experience; and optional information, that you provide when you upload or download content from our website or when you take advantage of promotions, respond to surveys or register and subscribe for certain additional services.
6.1. On registration
Once you purchase our system you have to create a user account, register on our website or register your device on our website. Once you do this, you will no longer be anonymous to us as you will provide us with personal information. This personal information may include:
• your name, surname, company name, company registration number, and VAT number;
• your postal address, email address, telephone number, and postal code;
• your username and password;
• your credit card number, and
• your device PIN
6.2. Collection on order
When you order any goods or services from us, you will be asked to provide us with additional information on a voluntary basis (goods information or services information).
We collect additional information when you place an order.
6.3. Mobile application
We collect your personal information when you log into our mobile application as the master user or the guest user.
6.4. Optional details
You may also provide additional information to us on a voluntary basis (optional information). This includes content that you decide to upload or download from our website or when you take advantage of promotions, respond to surveys, order certain additional goods or services, or otherwise use the optional features and functionality of the website.
We may place small text files called ‘cookies’ on your device when you visit our website. These files do not contain personal information, but they do contain a personal identifier allowing us to associate your personal information with a certain device. These files serve a number of useful purposes for you, including:
• granting you access to age restricted content;
• tailoring our website’s functionality to you personally by letting us remember your preferences;
• improving how our website performs;
• allowing third parties to provide services to our website; and
• helping us deliver targeted advertising where appropriate in compliance with applicable laws.
6.6. Collection from browser
We automatically collect your Internet usage information when you visit this website.
6.7. Third party cookies
6.8. Web beacons
Our website may contain electronic image requests (called a “single-pixel gif” or “web beacon” request) that allow us to count page views and to access cookies. Any electronic image viewed as part of a web page (including an ad banner) can act as a web beacon. Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor or share any of your personal information. We merely use them to compile anonymous information about our website.
6.9. Recording calls
We may monitor and record any telephone calls that you make to us, unless you specifically request us not to.
6.10. Purpose for collection
We may use any goods information, services information, or optional information that you provide to us for the purposes that you indicated when you agreed to provide it to us. We may use your usage information for the purposes described above and to:
• remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the website;
• monitor website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and
• track your other activities in connection with your usage of the website.
We may use any of your personal information that you provide to us for the purposes that you indicated when you agreed to provide it to us.
7. Consent to collection
We will obtain your consent to collect personal information:
• in accordance with applicable law; and
• when you provide us with any registration information or optional information.
We will get your consent to collect your personal information in accordance with applicable law when you provide us with it.
We may use your information: to send you administrative messages and email updates to you regarding the website. We may use your personal information to fulfil our obligations to you.
8.1. Messages and updates
We may send administrative messages and email updates to you about the website. In some cases, we may also send you primarily promotional messages. You can choose to opt-out of promotional messages.
8.2. Our obligations
We may use your personal information to fulfil our obligations to you.
We might disclose your information in the specific circumstances mentioned in this policy.
We may share your personal information with:
• other divisions or companies within the group of companies to which we belong so as to provide joint content and services like registration, for transactions and customer support, to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about our products, services, and communications (they will only use this information to send you marketing communications if you have requested their goods or services);
• our goods suppliers or service providers under contract who help supply certain goods or help with parts of our business operations, including fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services (our contracts dictate that these goods suppliers or service providers only use your information in connection with the goods they supply or services they perform for us and not for their own benefit);
• credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law; and
• banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (in the event that you utilise the services to receive payments and you meet their criteria).
We may share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of fulfilling our obligations to you.
If you contact us regarding your experience with using any of our products, we may disclose your personal information as required by law or governmental audit.
9.3. Law enforcement
We may disclose personal information if required:
• by a subpoena or court order;
• to comply with any law;
• to protect the safety of any individual or the general public; and
• to prevent violation of our customer relationship terms.
We may disclose personal information to third parties if required for legal reasons.
9.4. No selling
9.5. Marketing purposes
We may disclose aggregate statistics (information about the customer population in general terms) about the personal information to business partners.
We may need to disclose personal information to our employees that require the personal information to do their jobs.
9.7. Change of ownership
If we undergo a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to, another entity, we may assign our rights to the personal information we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. We will disclose the transfer on the website. If you are concerned about your personal information migrating to a new owner, you may request us to delete your personal information.
10. Security of personal information
Our hosting company will host our website and mobile app in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. We authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities.
Our website and mobile apps are hosted on a secure server and uses security measures to prevent interference by intruders.
11. Accurate and up to date
We will try to keep the personal information we collect as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes explicitly defined in this policy. From time to time we may request you to update your personal information on the website. You are able to review or update any personal information that we hold on you by accessing your account online, by emailing us, or by phoning us. Please note that in order to better protect you and safeguard your personal information, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account or making any corrections to your personal information.
12. Retention of personal information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless:
• retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or
• you have consented to the retention of the record.
During the period of retention, we will continue to abide by our non-disclosure obligations and will not share or sell your personal information.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary.
13. Transfer of personal information outside South Africa
We may transmit or transfer personal information outside South Africa to a foreign country. Personal information may be stored on servers located outside South Africa in a foreign country whose laws protecting personal information may not be as stringent as the laws in South Africa. You consent to us processing your personal information in a foreign country whose laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent.
We may transfer your personal information outside South Africa to a foreign country.
14. Updating or removing
You may choose to correct or update the personal information you have submitted to us, by clicking the relevant menu (Contact Us) in any of the pages on our website or by contacting us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You may choose to update or remove the personal information you have submitted to us.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third party websites.